Day on of training camp 2014 is complete and here are some takeaways from what we saw on the field.
* Jake Locker said on Friday that his foot felt fine and there were no lingering issues. Today he looked as if that was indeed the case as he ran and moved well in every drill and never showed any signs of any issues.
* Bernard Pollard put his stamp on day one early. The veteran leader and safety began the day by coming to the field in his game pants when shorts were all that was required.
* "I try to put myself in game like situations, whether its. wearing the socks, whether it's wearing the pants," said Pollard. "I'm a guy where I want to make it as easy as possible on Sunday, and we have to wear socks up over my knees or Grandaddy Roger (Goodell) gonna fine us we we don't have the socks over our knees, but I try to put myself in game like situations.
* Pollard also added two interceptions of Jake Locker during 7 on 7 periods. The first during the early period and the second during the final period.
* "Did he have two?" said Ken Whisenhunt after practice of the Pollard interceptions. "Now I'm gonna have to hear about that
* Justin Hunter made the most acrobatic catch of the day, leaping over Tommy Campbell in one on one coverage, then came down and tip-toed the sideline for the catch from Locker.
* Locker had a great 50 yard touchdown pass to Derek Hagan as Hagan ran passed Micah Pellerin.
*Kendall Wright had a nice day with some short catches, but made one spin move and ran by two defenders on his longest play of the day.
* Charlie Whitehurst had a long TD pass to Marc Mariani over Tommie Campbell in one on one coverage. The play covered 40 yards.
* As we were told by Whisenhunt, RB Shonn Greens's work was controlled, but he looked good running early on and showed a good burst and looked to be able to cut without problems. He will continue to be eased along as camp progresses.
* Kamerion Wimbley had a great play late in the session. While dropping in coverage, Wimbley read Locker perfectly and stepped in front of the intended receiver for a sure interception. Unfortunately for Wimbley, he was unable to complete the inteception, dropping the ball. Winbley laid face down on the field for a few seconds as he knew he let one get away.
Titans Quote of the Day: Comes from head coach Ken Whisenhunt. "Everybody has a chance here, we are going to play the best guys!"