- New Orleans senior offensive asst./running backs coach George Henshaw coached tight ends and served as assistant head coach/offense during his coaching tenure with the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans from 1997-2005.
- Titans offensive coordinator Norm Chow called he plays that produced more than 3,600 total yards offense for the Saints RB Reggie Bush in 2003 and 2004 while the two were at USC. Bush’s backfield running mate there was rookie Titans RB LenDale White.
- White and Bush collectively totaled 974 carries for 6,328 yards (6.5 avg.) and 77 touchdowns at USC from 2003-05.
- Saints head coach Sean Payton was the offensive coordinator for the N.Y. Giants from 2000-02, during which time current Titans QB Kerry Collins helped lead the team to a Super Bowl and set a club-record 4,073 passing yards in 2002.
- Payton was a back-up quarterback for the Chicago Bears in 1987, when current Titans linebackers coach Dave McGinnis coached the Bears linebackers.
- Titans QB Kerry Collins spent the final 11 games of the 1998 season with the New Orleans Saints after being claimed off waivers from Carolina. He started the final seven games of that season.
- Titans tight ends coach John Zernhelt and Saints offensive coordinator Doug Marrone both coached with the New York Jets in 2005 while Saints G/C Jonathan Goodwin played for the Jets.
- Saints G Jamar Nesbit was an All-SEC offensive lineman coached by Zernhelt for three seasons at the South Carolina from 1996-1998.
- Titans DT Albert Haynesworth played on a University of Tennessee team in 2001 while Saints offensive coordinator Doug Marrone served as a tight ends and tackles coach.
- Titans C Kevin Mawae was an All-State and All-Academic performer at Leesville (La.) High School. He went on to become a four-year starter for LSU and was named second-team All-SEC as a senior.
- Titans WR Roydell Williams was a three-sport star at East Saint John High School in Reserve, La., and went on to twice earn All-Conference USA honors at Tulane University.
- Saints S Josh Bullocks is a native of Chattanooga, Tenn., who played QB and DB for Hixson High School before attending Nebraska.
- Saints CB Fred Thomas was an All-Ohio Valley Conference selection at the University of Tennessee-Martin in 1995.
- Saints WR Robert Meachem totaled 125 receptions for 2,140 yards in three seasons at the University of Tennessee (2004-06).
- Saints CB Mike McKenzie was a two-time first-team All-Conference USA selection at Memphis.
- Saints defensive line coach Marion Hobby played DE at the University of Tennessee from 1985-1989 and coached defensive tackles at UT-Martin in 1995 before returning to his Alma Mater to serve as the Volunteers’ assistant strength and conditioning coach for the 1998 campaign.