- Falcons asst. strength and conditioning coach Billy “White Shoes” Johnson was a 15th round draft choice by the Houston Oilers in 1974. He went on to play seven years in Houston and still holds team records for career punt return yardage (2,040) and career punt return average (13.2), among other return records he set.
- Titans tight ends coach John Zernhelt served as the offensive line coach at South Carolina from 1996-1998 while Falcons DE John Abraham was the Gamecocks sacks leader all three of those years. The two were both with the N.Y. Jets in 2005 as well.
- Zernhelt coached with Falcons strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi at the New York Jets in 2005.
- Titans assistant special teams coach Marty Galbraith was the assistant head coach/offensive coordinator at Marshall in 1999, the same year Falcons S Chris Crocker was a freshman for the Thundering Herd.
- Titans defensive line coach Jim Washburn and Falcons offensive coordinator Hue Jackson coached together with the WLAF’s London Monarchs in 1991.
- Falcons TE Dwayne Blakley spent time on the Titans practice squad in 2003 and was on their 2004 training camp roster.
- Titans TE Ben Troupe is from Augusta, Ga., and was a three-sport star at Butler High School.
- Titans K Rob Bironas played for Georgia Southern, where he helped the Eagles to an NCAA Division I-AA national championship in 2000.
- Falcons G Tyson Clabo was born in Knoxville, Tenn., and was a two sport star at Farragut High School.
- Titans CB Nick Harper was raised in Baldwin, Ga., and then attended Fort Valley State (Ga.) University.
- Falcons QB Chris Redman was with the Titans during the 2005 preseason.
- Notable pro teammates: Titans S Chris Hope and Falcons T Wayne Gandy (Steelers) … Titans WR Eric Moulds and Falcons S Lawyer Milloy (Bills) … Titans WR David Givens (PUP) with Falcons CB Omare Lowe (IR), WR Jamin Elliot (IR) and S Lawyer Milloy (Patriots) … Titans C Kevin Mawae and Falcons DE John Abraham and CB Omare Lowe (Jets).