- Bucs defensive lineman Kevin Carter played for the Titans from 2001-04. He was a Pro-Bowl selection in 2002, led the Titans in sacks in two seasons and was a three-time Titans Community Man of the Year Award winner.
- Bucs quarterbacks coach Paul Hackett was an assistant coach at USC while Titans Head Coach Jeff Fisher was playing defensive back for the Trojans.
- Bucs Head Coach Jon Gruden was a graduate assistant at the University of Tennessee from 1986- 1987. His wife, Cindy, is also a former University of Tennessee cheerleader.
- Titans special teams coach Alan Lowry served as the special teams and tight ends coach for the Bucs in 1991.
- Lowry coached special teams and defensive backs for the Dallas Cowboys during the same time Bucs quarterbacks coach Paul Hackett was the passing coordinator and quarterbacks coach for the Cowboys.
- Titans defensive line coach Jim Washburn was performing the same duties at the University of South Carolina when Bucs special teams coordinator Richard Bisaccia was a graduate assistant for the Gamecocks.
- Bucs offensive assistant coach Jay Gruden was the offensive coordinator
for the Arena League's Nashville Kats in 1997.
- Titans running backs coach Sherman Smith had the same responsibility
at Miami (Ohio) University while Bucs senior asst./offensive line Aaron Kromer was a graduate assistant after finishing his playing days for the Red-Hawks in 1989.
- Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz was a scout for the Cleveland
Browns while Bucs wide receivers coach Richard Mann coached the Browns receivers.
- Titans coaching assistant Richie Wessman played quarterback at USC under then-head coach Paul Hackett, who now coaches Bucs quarterbacks.
- Titans quarterback Vince Young was a redshirt at the University of Texas during current Buccaneers quarterback Chris Simms’ final season with the Longhorns (2002). Simms was also teammates at Texas with Titans tight end Bo Scaife.
- Titans linebacker Ryan Fowler was a football and track and field standout at Seminole High School in Redington Shores, Fla.
- Titans rookie wide receiver Chris Davis attended St. Petersburg Catholic High School and went on to play four seasons at Florida State.
- Buccaneers defensive lineman Jovan Haye played three seasons at Vanderbilt University (2002-04). He totaled 149 tackles and 10.5 sacks during his career there and was named second-team All-SEC as a sophomore.
- Buccaneers wide receiver Mark Jones played wide receiver and safety and also returned kicks during his career at the University of Tennessee.
- Buccaneers 2007 second-round draft choice Arron Sears played 44 games in four seasons (2003-06) at the University of Tennessee and earned All-American honors in 2006.