Training camp day four is in the books and several things stood out today both offensively and defensively.
* Bernard Pollard who has been very vocal throughout the early part of camp was conspicuously quiet today. Turns out he lost his voice and was barely able to talk when we saw him in the locker room following the seeson.
wide receiver Michael Preston and tight end Delanie Walker left practice as a precation, Preston after being struck in the head during the practice and Walker with a slight shoulder injury. Whisenhunt said neither is expected at this poin to miss any time going forward with the off day tomorrow.
* Shonn Greene was held out of practice today after walk through and did a workout on the side with strenght coach Steve Waterson. According to head coach Ken Wisnehunt, who spoke with the media after practice, there are no issues with Greene's surgically repaired knee, this was part of the plan. Whisnehunt said "He has gotten good work for a couple days, and we have tomorrow off."
* Rookie running back Bishop Sankey had some issues with fumbles today, dropping a couple, one of which was recovered by defensive end Mike Martin.
* Speaking of Mike Martin, the defensive end has had a nice start to camp so far, and has shown strong pass rushing ability through the first two days in pads.
Justin Hunter had another nice day catching the football, with another aerobatic grab in traffic.
* Hunter was also involved in the biggest scuffle of camp to this point when he and safety Michael Griffin went at if following a play in the end zone during the 11 on 11 period.
* Marc Mariani continues to make his case for earning a spot on the roster as a receiver. He had another great grab today. This one was for a touchdown from quarterback Charlie Whitehurst.
* Corner back RiShard Anderson had a great sideline interception of a Zach Mettenberger pass.
* Coty Sensabaugh had a nice day today, breaking up three different passes in team drills.
* Derek Hagan also continues to make plays, even though Whisnehunt said there were mistakes. Hagan catches almost ever ball that touches his hands to this point.
* Wider receivers coach Shawn Jefferson donned a uniform today, including helmet and shoulder pads and participated in practice. Whisnehunt was asked if he would join a practice in pads, to which he responded by asking what were the odds of winning the lottery? His odds of doing that, "About the same."
* The intensity level on both sides of the ball was high again, as has been the case throughout.
* Linebacker David Gilbert had a nice strip of quareterback Tyler Wilson on a roll out where Wilson was holding the ball in one hand and Gilbert was able to knock it away.
* Today was a closed practice to the public, and there were no memorable quotes today. Hopefully with the off day tomorrow, Bernard Pollard will get his voice back.